- 2 1⁄4 cups crushed buttery round crackers
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 2 cups cracker crumbs and melted butter. Add egg white, stirring to combine. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press into bottom and up sides of a deep-dish pie plate. It’s ok if you can’t get it up the sides just go as far as you can.
- Bake 10 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Slice tomatoes, and remove seeds. Place tomatoes in a single layer on paper towels. Let stand 10 minutes. Layer tomatoes in prepared crust.
- In a large bowl, stir together cheeses, mayonnaise, basil, dill, seasoned salt, and hot sauce. Spread evenly over tomatoes you can make multiple layers if you like.
- Place in the pressure cooker on manual for 15 min. then NPR for 10.min.
- 1c of water.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1⁄4 cup cracker crumbs and put it back in the oven for 10 min.
- Let cool for 15 min.
Enjoy, Keith Tant
Kooking with Keith